Mecklenburg County announces hiring of new public health director
1 min read

Mecklenburg County announces hiring of new public health director

Mecklenburg County is removing the interim tag from Kimberly Scott, who will take over as the county’s permanent public health director.

Read more SouthPark lands two more towers. Here’s a first look at mixed-use Charlotte site

Scott has been Mecklenburg’s interim health director since January following the departure of her predecessor, Raynard Washington, who stepped down to lead the New Jersey Department of Health. She joined the county in 2022 as assistant health director of the Population Health Division.

County Manager Mike Bryant announced the move at Tuesday’s Board of County Commissioners meeting, drawing a standing ovation from commissioners and others in attendance.

Bryant lauded Scott for her work leading the county through an uptick in measles cases during her time as interim health director and the current cyclosporiasis outbreak.

Read more At least 10 Mooresville cops under investigation over Flock violations, chief says

“Dr. Scott is a proven public health leader with a deep understanding of the health needs and challenges facing our community,” Bryant said. “ … We conducted a national search, and the best candidate was right here.”

A graduate of Albany State University, Georgia Southern University and the University of South Florida, Scott previously worked in community and public health in Wake County and Georgia.

Read more Carson Daly Speaks Out on Rumors He’s Leaving ‘The Voice’ After 30 Seasons

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *