Charlotte 22-year-old’s family still seek answers over a decade after he was killed
2 mins read

Charlotte 22-year-old’s family still seek answers over a decade after he was killed

12 years after the death of her son, Arnetra Fuller is left with nothing but questions.

Read more Nicki Minaj Mocks Dr. Anthony Fauci After Contentious Senate Hearing

In the early hours of July 31, 2014, Darius Fuller, 22, was found by police with gunshot wounds, a short distance away from a car authorities believe he crashed on the 4400 block of Tillman Road near the I-85 corridor.

Fuller was taken to the hospital where he passed away from his injuries. More than a decade later, whoever was responsible for cutting Darius’s life short is still out there.

“We want justice. It won’t take the pain away,” his mother said. “It’ll ease it maybe or give some kind of closure.”

Arnetra and her sister, Akiva, described Darius as a joker, always striving to bring joy to those around him. “He was just always laughing,” his mother said, describing Darius as the glue of the family.

“Even though he was 22. He was that guy that everyone in the family looked up to.”

Now even after his death, he continues to be the glue. Darius’ brother, Demario, says he misses his best friend.

Every year, the Fuller family comes together to celebrate his birthday and death anniversary, something his aunt says helps to keep his spirit alive in the community.

Read more Panthers training camp stock watch: Who’s up, who’s down before Fan Fest practice

“Even after death, he brings us together,” she said.

When Darius died, his son was only two-years old. He’s now 13 and Fuller says she and her family make sure to keep speaking to him about who his father was regardless of Darius not being here, his spirit remains alive in and around his son.

His son also hopes for justice in the murder of his father.

The last update the family received about possible suspects in his murder was last year, and at that time, the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police department still had no leads. The case remains cold.

“Now years have passed. We hope that some people might speak up and say something if they know anything,” his mother said.

The Observer reached out to the responding detective for an update, and received no response.

The incident report lists two possible suspects in connection to the killing. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit Detective.

The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or visit the Crime Stoppers mobile app website at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com/.

Read more Jax Taylor Accuses Ex Brittany Cartwright of Sabotage Amid Bitter Divorce

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *