15-year-old says he was abandoned at Charlotte’s airport, CMPD reports
An unusual search is underway in Charlotte for the guardians of a 15-year-old who says he was abandoned at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.
Read more 2 closed charter schools owe the state $377K. Can NC recover the money?
It happened Wednesday and CMPD has asked the public for help identifying the boy and anyone considered a legal guardian. The search remained active Thursday morning.
“The juvenile approached CMPD officers at the Charlotte airport and advised he had been abandoned,” police said in an Aug. 5 news release.
“The juvenile stated he is 15 years old. He was unable to provide information regarding his guardian, personal information or home address.”
Read more Perez Hilton’s Family Shares Update on His Condition Amid Hospitalization
The teen wore a white tee-shirt, gray sweatpants and white tennis shoes, police said.
“Anyone who can identify the juvenile or their guardian is asked to call 911 immediately. Currently, the juvenile is in the custody of Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services,” police said.
Read more Brittany Cartwright Reveals How She Discovered Jax Was Dating Her Publicist